This month will kick off the public review process for the Loma Linda University Medical Center campus transformation project. This process will follow the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
The city of Loma Linda will be the lead agency in creating an environmental impact report (EIR), which will include the following steps:
- A public notice of preparation will be sent to adjacent properties or regional agencies that may be affected by the project.
- A public scoping meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on March 21, 2013, at the Coleman Pavilion Basement. This meeting will explain the CEQA review process, describe the project concept, and provide a forum for initial comments. There will not be any formal response to comments at this time, but relevant comments will be incorporated into the EIR process.
- A series of reports related to potential environmental impacts will be made available for public comment.
- Public comments relevant to the EIR will be responded to appropriately.
- Certification of the environmental impact report with findings and mitigation measures will take place as required.
The formal CEQA process is a necessary step in the progress of the campus transformation project.
Anyone who has question about this process may contact Eric Schilt via e-mail (email@example.com), or by phone at extension 87078.