While the fact may be true, no employee wants to hear that their employer isn’t under obligation to provide parking. So the experts in Parking & Traffic at Loma Linda University Health are here to help employees and students find a space.
Here are their tips.
- Arrive on campus at least 15-20 minutes prior to the beginning of your shift.
- Know your designated parking lot and any backup options. View your individual permit for details.
- Recognize times of high demand for parking. Employees who arrive to campus after 7:30–8 a.m. may be best served by going directly to parking lot SP on Shepardson Drive at the corner with Benton Street.
- Seriously, the Shepardson lot is awesome, boasting more than 500 parking spots — most of which are currently going unfilled. It may seem far, but …
- A shuttle runs all day long (from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.) on this circular route:
Shepardson lot SP → Drayson Center → University Court (the cul-de-sac between the library and School of Dentistry) → VA Loma Linda Healthcare System → Shepardson lot
6. After 5 p.m., parking lots not designated for patients are open for general employee and student parking (as well as attendees of campus events/church programs).
7. Still finding yourself out of luck? Call Parking & Traffic. They want to help. 909-651-3025 (ext. 53025)
The following methods to avoid parking regulations won’t work.
- Leaving a note on your dashboard to explain why you had to park in an area you’re unauthorized for.
- Putting on your hazard lights in a fire lane or other off-limits area while you dash inside, even just for 30 seconds.
Never park in a fire lane — or behind any ambulances outside the emergency department — or block a driveway. You will receive a citation.
Ordering lunch in? Please inform delivery drivers not to park in fire lanes or emergency department/ambulance parking — they, too, will receive a citation.
Patient parking areas and handicapped parking spaces are monitored 24/7/365.
One more tip: employee drop-offs and pick-ups are not allowed in front of the Medical Center. This entrance is for patients only.