The Night Before Step 1

Less than 12 hours away from the 8 hour beast. I feel like the armor-clad protagonist facing the final villain with only one “revive” potion left. As I look back at the past two years (all the 25 miles *nod to Allison’s post*), I seriously can’t believe I’m finally here. There’s no way I’m really taking the Step 1 tomorrow. Right? My emotions cycle between fear, anxiety, confidence, anticipation, and back to fear. Deep breaths, Eunice. Deeeeeeeep breaths.

Now that I’ve done all I can to fit two years worth of information in my worn-out brain, all that is left to do is to leave the rest to God. Do I trust that God has everything in control? Do I trust that He has the best planned for me? Sometimes I sincerely question. And even now, I still have lingering worries about tomorrow and the rest of my future. Yet in spite of all my failures and mistakes in the past, He somehow always helps me back on my feet to try again. He somehow teaches me to be still, to listen, to be patient. I think I can trust Him to do it again this time.

A few of my classmates and I met together before the big test to talk about our fears, pray together, and encourage each other. We also crammed in a quick anatomy review sesh! Thank God for good friends who remind me of what’s really important and who see fun in everything. A passage we read was from Psalms 118:

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?
The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies. [STEP 1!!]

13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
    but the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation.

25 Lord, save us!
    Lord, grant us success!

29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

Pre-Step 1 – ready to be 3rd years!

See you on the other side of Step 1!