The University Libraries and School of Pharmacy have recently started testing a new way to print from your phone, tablet or other mobile device.
The basic information you need to know: You can email your print documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, txt, Visio) to firstname.lastname@example.org and release them from the University Libraries’ copiers/printer or if you are a Pharmacy student, from the SP labs.
More detailed information can be found at our LibGuide: Mobile Print
The library has purchased BrowZine, a new application for tablets (iOS & Android) that allows you to browse, read, and follow thousands of the library’s top scholarly journals in a format optimized for your iPad or Android tablet!
To learn more about BrowZine, watch a 2-minute video called “BrowZine On-Campus“.
BrowZine delivers top journals in Biomedical and Health Sciences, Dentistry and Nursing such as JAMA, Nature, Journal of Public Health Dentistry and the American Journal of Critical Care.
With BrowZine, you can:
- Browse and read journals: browse journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles.
- Aggregator Platforms: access to supported publishers via EBSCO, ProQuest, and Ovid platforms (available in November).
- Create your own bookshelf: add journals to your personal bookshelf and be notified when new articles are published.
- New Article Notification: be notified when new articles are published (available in November for iOS and early 2014 for Android).
- Save and export articles: Save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Papers, Mendeley, RefWorks, Zotero, and more.
To learn more and start using BrowZine today, visit http://thirdiron.com/download/ or search for BrowZine in your device’s app store.
Getting started is easy! Download BrowZine to your tablet for free. When initially launching BrowZine, select Loma Linda University (or Loma Linda Medical Center for MC users) from the drop down list. Enter your LLUAHSC credentials (same as library login) and start exploring BrowZine!
Third Iron welcomes you to follow their progress on Facebook or Twitter and reminds you to watch for notifications when updates are available. We hope you enjoy using BrowZine!
Check out First Consult’s mobile app, available to students, staff and faculty of LLUAHSC. The mobile app is currently available for iPhone and iPad. It includes an alphabetical index of topics with an A-Z list for easy navigation as well as a search function. Information on a medical topic include Background, Diagnosis, Treatment, Outcomes, Prevention, and evidence-based references.
For information on accessing this app, and other mobile apps available to LLUAHSC students, staff, and faculty, please visit our Libguide, Mobile Access.
Knight, Gary. Captured In Crystal. http://www.flickr.com/photos/garryknight/3650151941/